1. Keep apps that are important and use -garbage the ones you don't.
2. Clear app caches - deletes the preferences the app has saved.
3. Update phone regularly but not too often.
4. Think before installing apps - some can be fake, steal valuable data, or malware.
5. Use google play protect tool for scanning apps.
6. Set phone to update apps over Wi-Fi- located in google play settings
7. Simple restart is needed sometimes
8. Store photos, and other files on the cloud to keep memory free.
9. Limit to what you put on homescreen as phone will run slow when running bigger apps or games.
10. Last but not least factory reset is another option to get your android to run faster.