cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Changed to French

Tatijana
I'm a participant level 2

Hello! Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

A few weeks back, my messaging prompts changed to French from English.

It lasted a week, and then switched back to English (all on it's own).

After about a week it switched back to French and has remained French since.

Wondering why this has happened and how do it get it to go back to English.

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

lilkatie
I had this problem and called in to fido tech service and had it changed. They said it was a glitch and you can only get it fixed by calling them. They fixed it quickly months ago and it has not occurred since.

FidoJohn
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello Tatijana,

Welcome to the Fido technical community,

I suggest you call customer service at 1888-481-FIDO(3436) or 611, free of charge, from your Fido (weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and weekends from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., your local time).

This setting can only be modified from your account. By calling them they will be able to switch it from French to English.

I hope this helps,

Anonymous
Not applicable
The language of the mailbox is a setting that can be changed by Fido. It might be due to maintenance on some nodes, the engineers *could* have run some kind of script where it had the mailbox language specified in their scripts, which could be an honest mistake.

Having your voicemail box reset by a Customer Service Agent will re-send the proper commands to the switch thus your mailbox will be back to normal

Hope This Helps,

--
I am NOT a Fido employee, my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of this website and its affiliates.