cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A5 (2017) update coming anytime soon? (Android 7.0 Nougat)

vedi0boy
I'm a participant level 3

I got my Samsung A5 last week and I am super happy about it. I'm just curious when the update will roll out for us here in Canada with Fido. It seems like people everywhere else in the world people got the update last week. The current version is fine but being a software developer, I'm curious to try out the new features.

***Edited to add Labels***

7 REPLIES 7

vedi0boy
Thanks for your help! I'm happy to hear that I will be getting this update. Better late than never Smiley

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @vedi0boy,

Welcome to the community!

Samsung is horrible with it comes to updates that's why I ditched them and got a Nexus 6p and never looked back.

They have so many variants of the same phone so it even more difficult to get updates but if and when it gets released Fido will update the OS Upgrade Schedule here that's the only way we will know.

vedi0boy

You obviously didn't read what I wrote. The update is already out, but for some reason it hasn't been rolled out in Canada yet (at least not with Fido). I saw that schedule but it must be incomplete. It's not a problem with samsung, there is obviously something holding them back from releasing it here at the same time as everywhere else, because they did release one.

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @vedi0boy and welcome to the Community!

I can confirm that the A5 (2017) will be getting Nougat, however we don't have any dates to share just yet. As soon as we do, I'll be sure to update the OS Schedule that @KAPABLE-K referred to.

On another note, the August security update for the A5 should start rolling out on or around August 21.

vedi0boy
Thank you. I will be sure to get that patch.

FidoStephen

Hey @vedi0boy, Android N will be rolled out as of September 25 for the A5.

Cheers

Sounds good, you're welcome @vedi0boy Smiley