cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Reception for the Whole Steet

MaxObskov
I'm a participant level 1

I recently moved to Bathurst and Elgin Mills (ontario) on the street Woodland Acres Crecent. It`s been 6months of calling tech support and no solution has presented itself. Woodland Acres is one of the nicest area`s in Richmondhill and the reception quality is horrendous. This problems presists all down the street. please let me know if theres will be a solution to this problem or if i need to change to a different provider. Missing 80% of the calls when I am around or in my home.

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

DeadCell5
I too own a xperia and I get full bar at home but cellphone drop calls and cant access 3g internet
Fido refused to trade my phone several time and say its the first time they hear problems for that phone
Im probebly going to cancel soon and switch to telus too. Fido tech service ignore reception problems of that phone and want to send it in repair .

zapattack
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1
Exactly same problem in Vancouver: 4 bars, then none. Of course, they never heard of it, because they don't read this forum. Also, they 'don't guarantee service everywhere', which is not the point. It should not be failing randomly, but it does. Running ICS and problem hasn't changed.

FidoStephane

Hi there maxobskov,

Unfortunately the only way to treat this situation is over the phone with our network department. Only they can offer a solution to your situation,  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MaxObskov,

I checked the coverage maps which are publically available on the internet.  And it appears you are very close to 4 Fido Towers.  One is located at Dufferin/Teston,  The next two towers are located at Elgin mills East of Highway 11 (CP Railway and Newkirk Rd), and another one at St Mary/St Joseph Coptic Orthodox Church located near Highway 11 south of 19th Ave/Gamble. 

Do other people have issues on fido or rogers in your street/neighbourhood?  You can ask a friend to see if his phone experiences these same issues,  otherwise it might also be handset related? what handset do u have again? Have you tried checking if there is a new software available for your handset?

momaz
I have a sony erickson experia and I too am having the same problems. Tried to upgrade my phone and they said no. Really regret leaving Telus and am think about paying the penalty to go back. Customer service is terrible is terrible here. My phone did not even come with a manual.