cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One S's new update "Sense 4.1" ?

Kresn1k
I'm a participant level 1

When will fido get HTC One S's new update "Sense 4.1" ?

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey Kresn1k!

I would suggest contacting HTC to inquire about this as they are the ones to provide us with the update.

You may reach them at 1-866-449-8358.

jfmtl
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

As the user said before me, the version has been released already by HTC, just that fido is slacking around. Any news on when the update would come?

rgbg
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

I would like to add that just by curiosity, i went on and asked HTC tech support about the update (and if it was really their decision) here is the answer:

[/quote] Thank you for taking the time to reply, I greatly appreciate your response.

(my name), all of the updates are at your carrier’s discretion, as of now there’s not developer version provided by HTC, most likely the update will be pushed OTA to your cell phone, but it’s up to the service provider to establish the date for it.

We are here to make sure all of your questions are answered in the most effective way, so please if you need any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely, [/quote]

I'm pretty sure no one at fido is going to answer this, they seem to have no clue either about the update..

But even so, I believe that as customers, everyone has the right to know what is going on, and if Fido is actually trying.. I mean, for marketing's sake, if this is your high-end phone we'ere talking about... I don't want to know how you deal with the low-end ones...

tkc187

Fido,

Would it be possible to get an ETA on when you will be pushing the Jelly Bean update OTA for the HTC One S?

Thanks.

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it .

OS Upgrade Schedule is now on the Forum :
http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/thread-id/20501

Hope this helps!

rgbg
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Actually, the Sense 4.1 update is already out since last month in europe and the US and they

are already preparing the release of the Jelly bean (sense 4+) update...

HTC released the update allright it's just Fido that's slacking around for their custom update..

If you want the update that badly, i would suggest unlocking your phone so you can get the updates

as soon as they are out... Having a carrier bound-phone isn't always the best thing..