Indigo wireless
Farmers wireless
Unicell
Edge wireless
Cincinnati bell wireless
Quantum Wireless
SunCom Wireless Holdings Inc
Wireless Alliance

I have no idea which one to submit to the vendor. Anyone have a clue? I've never come across this. To me, an unlocked phone is an unlocked phone and I've used them for years with my FIDO SIM card. The phone is a Sony Ericsson W380i so also OK with Fido. Can anyone help me know which one to choose? Help!

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Compatibility help needed

An unlocked phone only works with carriers that use the same frequency as the phone you purchase. For example, an unlocked Fido phone will not work on Wind Mobile. You need a phone designed for AT&T/Rogers/Bellus frequencies of 850/1900 MHz. Generally known as North American phones, but there are other frequencies here too now. Wind, Mobilicity and T-Mobile use 1700/2100 MHz 3G and Modrek on the way. Each phone has different frequencies so make sure you look it up! Go to www.gsmarena.com to research phone models for compatibility.
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1
Solution

Re: Compatibility help needed

An unlocked phone only works with carriers that use the same frequency as the phone you purchase. For example, an unlocked Fido phone will not work on Wind Mobile. You need a phone designed for AT&T/Rogers/Bellus frequencies of 850/1900 MHz. Generally known as North American phones, but there are other frequencies here too now. Wind, Mobilicity and T-Mobile use 1700/2100 MHz 3G and Modrek on the way. Each phone has different frequencies so make sure you look it up! Go to www.gsmarena.com to research phone models for compatibility.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2