cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing my phone messages

Tiberius
I'm a participant level 2

I have a unlock android phone, I added the option, phone messages. They tell me to press and hold the "1" to access my messages. It does not work since it needs a telephone number to call. Does anyone have this number

Thank you!

?

***Edited to add labels***

10 REPLIES 10

FidoCristina
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you know that the best way to get the current voicemail number is fido.ca.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Wallace7571
I'm a participant level 1

fido.ca does not provide any phone number to access voice message.  The given advice is to push "1" to access voice message.

Today I tried to active a voice message for my friend from his cell by push "1", per given instruction.  It is a 1st time set up.  After entering the 10-digit phone number, the system cannot recognize the number.  Though there is no problem to make call or receive calls from the phone.

The prepaid sim was purchased at Vancouver, BC as well as the set up call (push 1) was also made at Vancouver, BC, the call was connected to fido message at 4168216549 and charged at distance rate.

Hey Wallace7571! 

You can find the information in the "Setting the Voice Messaging Retrieval Number (VMR)" tab. The retrieval number is +1-416-821-6549. Depending on the model of phone you're using, the set-up is different. You can see the different ways here: http://bit.ly/FidoVoicemail

If you're on a monthly plan and within your local calling area, you will not be charged long distance to call your voicemail. 

For prepaid, if you're not within the 416 area, you will be charged long distance plus airtime. 

Hope this clarifies everything! Smiley

kbmuddappa

Initially even I had the same problem to get my voice mail. Luckily I received this Phone number:14168221123 which worked fine. May be this phone no is for Toronto area

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe Toronto falls under Central Ontario. not sure why they gave it that name? but there is no other number for other part of ontario so I guess its safe to say All of Ontario Except Ottawa

tool_80
I'm in the greater Toronto area and having a similar issue. I used your number for central Ontario and was able to get through. But when I entered my 10 digit phone number it said it was not valid. I signed up for pay as you go 24 hours ago and I'm calling from my unlocked blackberry.

loyaltofido

i had trouble too, however i was able to solve the problem by calling 1888-481-3436 and asking the support staff to reinstall my voicemail.  I then turned off my cell phone and turned it on again.  Then press the 1 key down on your phone for a 10 seconds and you will automatically be directed to the proper voicemessaging number. Reinstalling allowed me to then rechoose my voice message and access code .  This allowed me to access the system sucessfully afterwards.  You don't need to use the call forwarding button on your cellphone that is strictly for if you are out of the country and want to redirect your voice messaging service to another out of country number. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since its an unlocked phone, not fido branded, the system did not provision it for you or your phone ignored the provisioning ota stream. You can easily get the proper fido VM retreival number but since the number varies by region, we need to know what region you are from to help you out.

Tiberius

I live in Quebec city. Does this help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tiberius,

I did a quick google search and it came up with this:

Your home region Your home province Voice Messaging retrieval number
Prairies Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba +1 403 714-1123
West British Columbia +1 604 618-1123
East Quebec, Maritimes, Ottawa +1 514 992-1123
Central Ontario (except Ottawa) +1 416 822-1123

While I can not test the quebec number for obvious reasons, i tried the Ontario one and it is correct for my area.