COVID-19 Updates

COVID-19 Updates

17 Comments

Library_Banner.png

Hey Community,

With everything going on at the moment, we thought it would be a good idea to provide some links to keep everyone in the loop with what Fido is doing to help out during these difficult times.

For everything we are doing to help keep our customers, employees and communities connected and safe, visit fido.ca/covid-19.

For a list of FAQs, click here.

Stay safe everyone,

FidoStephane

Comments
I'm a Visitor
I'm a Visitor

Hi there, I had to fly to Australia for an emergency due to the virus, and am a Fido customer currently using a BYOP plan of talk, text and data $55/month pre-authorized on my card.

I am wondering if I can use my phone during this time (in australia) and if the usual *Fido Roam $12/day* fee is waived, or if that is not included?

PAY-PER-USE RATES

I'm a Participant Level 1

Is Fido waiving the $150 balance limit on prepaid accounts so that prepaid users can have an extra cushion of funds giving users more flexibility to use their phones during this uncertain time without having to find a way to add more balance later.

Hey @kait3,

Indeed, all Fido Roam charges are to be waived from March 16th to April 30th, 2020. You will be able to connect to the network in Australia with no worries what so ever! Fido Roam will allow you to use the data, talk time and texts from your monthly plan while abroad.

I hope that helps! 😊

I'm Back
I'm Back

Hi @FidoAnthony  and Fido community !

I am currently stuck in France in confinment due to COVID-19. I am not allowed to fly back to Canada for an undetermined amount of time as I am a temporary resident.

I am not using my FIDO account and I would like to know if we could pause my FIDO account for this time ?

I would reuse it as I come back.

Thank you very much,

Pauline

Hey @kait3,

We hope everything's alright! 

That's right, we're waiving any Fido Roam and all pay-per-use roaming fees in all countries where we offer roaming for all postpaid consumers travelling outside of Canada between March 16th and April 30th 2020. During these dates, no roaming fees will apply. 

If your plan comes with Fido Roam, you will be automatically covered. Charges will automatically be removed from your account, you will not see charges online or on your bill.

We can always reassess the situation after April 30th to see what the best option would be for your account at that time. If you need to reach out to us after April 30th, you can do so here and we'll be happy to help!

Hope this reassures you, don't hesitate to let us know if you need more info. 

Stay safe! 

Hey @Pielbi,

Welcome to the community! 😊

We hope all is going well while you're there during these uncertain times. 

With that said, yes, you have the option to temporarily suspend your line. Keep in mind, any line that is not under agreement, can be suspended for a period of 2 to 12 months, for $7/month. The suspension can only start as of the end of a billing cycle and the suspension fees have to be paid in advance if the account is not set for preauthorized payments. The suspension can end at any time if you need to end it early.

If you don't have an agreement and have been active with Fido for a minimum of 1 month, you're definitely eligible for a temporary suspension.

I hope that helps! 

I'm a Visitor
I'm a Visitor

I'm wondering about going over on daytime minutes. I don't see that in the Covid FAQs. I'm on a plan with 500 daytime minutes but am now working at home so use is up.

Hey @rdavis!

We know staying connected is important right now and we want to offer our customers the tools to do so.

The majority of our newer plans offer unlimited minutes and in some cases they may even be more affordable than your older plan.

Have you checked Fido.ca to see if it would be worth it for you to switch over to a plan with unlimited talk time? To do so, simply log into your account and click plans under the shop menu to get started.

I hope that info helps and that there's a plan that fits your needs! Don't hesitate to get back to us if you have more questions. 

I'm a Visitor
I'm a Visitor

The ones I see are definitely more costly than what I currently have. I normally don't care about daytime minutes at all, just right now. 

Not to worry, we can definitely take a look at the options available for your account.

I'm sending you a PM here on the community, talk to you soon.

Hey @BHS! Welcome to the community. Smiley

To answer your question, we're waiving all Fido Roam and pay-per-use roaming fees in all available destinations for postpaid consumers and small businesses from March 16 to April 30.

If you've been charge roaming anywhere on those dates, please contact us here or request a PM through the community and we'll be happy to take a look at that with you.

My contract says I have 100 daytime minutes. I am currently working at home during this Covid time. Is Fido waiving the fees for being over the amount of daytime minutes?  Normally, I am at work and have no need for extra minutes. By the way, I'm impressed with Fido doing what it can to help customers at the moment.

Hello @gibsonfire,

No, Fido is only waiving roaming fees for all postpaid consumers travelling outside of Canada between March 16th and April 30th 2020.

They are also waiving long distance charges for Fido wireless and Fido Home Phone customers for calls to anywhere in Canada between March 16th and April 30th, 2020.

If your plan has an allotted set of minutes and you go over you will have to pay the overage fees base on your plan.

You might want to consider changing your plan to one that has unlimited minutes.

I'm a Visitor
I'm a Visitor

Hi there @FidoClaudia @FidoStephane,

As per my last comments ... I'm wondering if there are any updates with Fido Roam fees continuing to be waived? Considering that the Canada borders are still closed completely due to Covid-19, I am still therefore stuck overseas and can't enter the country until borders re-open. 

I am still requiring use of my canadian number during this time for work and personal use, and am hoping that considering these circumstances, Fido will continue to offer Fido Roam for customers who are stuck overseas after April 30th? 

Thank you for your support so far, and hoping to get continued support during this time.

I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hi @kait3,

At this time there is no update if they will be extending it if Fido decides to extend the period they will announce it on the website.

I'm a Visitor
I'm a Visitor

Hi there, 

How would one go about applying for FIDO's flexible payments for COVID-19? Can you provide me with a link?

Eddie

Hello @edgarkavuma,

You will need to contact the Credit Operations department, you can find more info here.