Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Wall Charger

dpeb
I'm a participant level 2

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are doing well and keeping safe.

I just received my new iPhone XS and the box only had a wire not a wall charger? Is this not part of the package?

Please devise of to receive one from Fido.

Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

WestShore1
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hello @dpeb,

We are having the exact same issue with Fido and had to go out and buy a wall charger for the iPhone XR we ordered.  If Fido isn't going to include these items, then why are they listed as being included in their sales write-up?!  So frustrating!  We weren't aware we wouldn't receive a wall charger until reading this post, and after spending over two hours dealing with Fido chat on two separate occassions over the past few weeks, both times being told they'd send the missing parts out, and never receiving anything.  Now we know why.  Hopefully if enough people post their frustration they'll get their acts together and remove the wording that says they include these items.  Sooner or later someone is going to escalate this, and Fido is going to have to figure out how they'll compensate everyone that never received the charger that was supposed to be included.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi @WestShore1 , sorry to hear you were expecting earbuds and a charger with your new iPhones. Apple removed those from their device shipments a little while ago, maybe a year. I can understand the frustration that creates when you receive a new device and you are not able to charge it. If you have any other device that uses a USB-C charger, that would work on your Iphone. If you have any questions that we as a peer support user forum can answer for you, please come back. All the best, OL

dpeb

Thank you for the reply Smiley

Good morning @dpeb , congrats on the new iPhone. Unfortunately for the consumers, Apple doesn't include chargers or earbuds anymore. I believe they started removing them a couple of years ago. I'm not an iPhone user, but looking at my friends phone it, your cable will plug into any of the latest chargers. I would read the start up guide and see what rate of power is recommended. If you don't have any charging cubes from previous devices,  then you will have to purchase a new one from anywhere electronics are sold. Again, enjoy your new phone