cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting duplicate text messages

SlavD
I'm a contributor level 2

For a long time (over a year), I've had an issue where I am getting duplicate text messages from my wife, who is in circle-calling with me.

The duplicates appear immediatelly, or sometimes within a minute. I've seen upto 3 duplicates at the same time.

She also gets duplicates from me.

There are no duplicates on the "sending" phone, only on the "receiving" phone.

We are not using any custom sms apps, only the defaults that came with the phone. She has Moto X second edition, I have Samsung S7.

I have not seen any duplicates for other people that are not in my circle calling.

Both phones had gone through factory resets without clearing this issue. The issue is not with every message, but it does happen regularly

Help?

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@SlavD on your S7 try disabling the VoLTE restart the phone and see if the problem goes away. To disable VoLTE open the phone dialer on the top click on more then settings and you show see the VoLTE option in there.

Also what version of Android do you have on the S7.

SlavD

I turned that off now (although I know it was off prior to factory reset, and I still had that issue). Is there a link between these, or am I just blindly trying here?

Running 6.0.1

Also, wife's phone doesn't have that, yet the issue happens on both

Edit: I see another thread on the topic recommending the same thing as you said.... can't believe a "workaround" limitting the functionality of the phone/service is the official answer for so long.

@SlavD the duplicate text problem started happening when VoLTE was introduced it was a nightmare back in 2015 and early 2016. It is also a know problem witht he Samsung phones. Keep the VoLTE off and test if the problem is still there have Fido disable the VoLTE for your line on their side also.