cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went over data how much do I pay

Sydney1990
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am on the $55 a month Fido Pulse smart plan with 1GB of data...I went over by 1.4GB of data for a total usage of 2.4GB of data this month. How much will I be charged for the additional data use? 

2 REPLIES 2

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

It depends on your data overage details it could be $5 for every 100mb, check your plan details and you will know how you are being charged for data overage.

FYI the CRTC rules limit your data overage charges to $50 a month and your data roaming charges to $100 a month

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

FYI the CRTC rules limit your data overage charges to $50 a month and your data roaming charges to $100 a month

Hello Sydney1990,

Welcome to the forums!

To clarify the above statement, the CRTC limits would only apply assuming you do not accept additional charges. Once you accumulate $50 in data overage charges ($100 in roaming data overage charges), you should receive a text stating as such. The amount of additional data used to incur that charge would vary from individual to individual since the additional data usage rate does depend on your current plan. At that time, you should also be given the option to continue to use data for additional fees. If you accept to continue to use data, then the CRTC limits would not apply.

Hope that helps clarify matters Smiley

Cheers