Phones and Devices
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Resolved! Will my phone work on the Fido network?

Hello,   Your device must be compatible with the Fido/Rogers network, which uses:   GSM ~ EDGE (2G) ~ on band 5 (850MHz). UMTS or WCDMA ~ HSPA (3G) / HSPA+ (4G) ~ on band 5 (850 MHz).   To access LTE, the device must be compatible with one or more o...

Cawtau by Senior MVP
  • 63 replies
  • 22 likes

Google Pixel 5: When will it be available again?

Hi there, I was hoping to upgrade my phone to the Google Pixel 5, however, Fido appears to be out of stock. I understand that it has been backordered and many people are still waiting for theirs.  Before I look at other providers, does anybody know a...

Tribtrav by I'm a participant level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

LTE for Home Network

I would like to use LTE for my home as a backup when primary wired internet access goes down. Open to usb dongles or routers. Does anyone know where to purchase any that would work in Canada (ideally with Fido)? Fido has one device in its shop (Novat...

forward by I'm a participant level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Nokia 3710 Fold 3g MMS and Access Point

Hi, First time poster. I got my new sim card today with the 1 GB Unlimited Text and Call. The calls and texts are very good and fast. I can see my name on the caller ID when I called my main phone,  although I couldn't access the internet 3g, it's sa...

Nok by I'm a participant level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fido, this has become a comedy of errors, and I'm done.

I contacted Fido.ca via the website chat feature to order a hardware upgrade on November 30th.  I was looking for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ - given the downpayment needed for the S20+, it’s the more budget friendly option. I’d thought about waiting...

J-D-M by I'm a participant level 2
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes