cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BYOD device protection plan

Maulik1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I bought used premium android device which is 8 month old. Also I bought Fido byod plan and under that I was offered that I can add device protection plan .

is it really possible to add device protection plan for my phone which is 8 month old & have purchase proof under diff name ..?

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @Maulik1,

Welcome to the community!

If your device's IMEI is listed under your account, you would be eligible for coverage on your device. 

When submitting a repair request through LikeWize (the protection provider), if they have any questions or concerns, they will reach out to you if necessary. 

Hope this helps.

Hello FidoAnthonyZ,

@FidoAnthonyZ wrote:

...If your device's IMEI is listed under your account, you would be eligible for coverage on your device. ...

Is that a new change? Perhaps I am reading too much into it, but the Device Protection FAQ states that:

You can add Premium Device Protection plans to your account within 60 days of purchasing and activating a new device or upgrading to a new Fido device.

In addition, Likewize notes:

Enrollment is available for up to 60 days after purchase.

It appears to imply that purchase is of new phone or device and not necessarily purchase of services plan.

While the OP might have just recently purchased their device, the 8 months is beyond 60 days. Or does that 60 day limit start when the IMEI is first registered to their account?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated! 😀

Cheers

Hey @Cawtau!

That's correct, you can add Premium Device Protection plans to your account within 60 days of purchasing and activating a new device or upgrading to a new Fido device.

When bringing your own phone, the protection can be added within 60 days of activating a new line.