Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unjustified bill increase in 2024

miihhiirr
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,
I'm a student and I came to Canada a few years ago. I decided to get Fido as it had the most student friendly offers and was the nearest to me when I came here for the first time.

I own my phone and have a post-paid plan that only requires calling, messaging and data, which normally amounts to no more than $50. However, I paid a hefty bill of $180 in December, as it was cumulation of 3 months. However, as I've been busy with school, I forgot to pay it in Jan, and when I opened my billing page, the amount is $546. 

I am a student who lives on a strict budget, and I need to appeal this as the amount is unjust and too high for me to pay in one go. I need help to the users that appealed their bill and got some amount taken out of their bill, as I don't understand why the bill is $546 in only 3 months as I haven't even made any international calls, nor exited the country nor used data roaming. 

Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Miihhiirr,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear your bill has increased unexpectedly. Have you had a chance to view the detailed billing? You should be able to view the culprit calls in those details. You should be able view those details via your My Account --> View & Manage Bill. From there, you should be able to Save and/or Print a PDF copy of your bill. Alternatively, you should also be able to access those call details by clicking on Usage summary.

Is it possible you were receiving some discounts or credits which have expired? Generally, if there are any changes made to your plans, Fido would notify you a couple of months prior to the changes in your bills.

You should also note that there may be late fees associated with your account (see Terms of Service; section 3c)

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider trying to arrange a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations department. It should also be mentioned that any arrangement would be at the discretion of the credit operations team.

You should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to discuss the increased bill, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers