cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got email "Your Fido Home Internet modem will no longer provide services after May 6, 2024"

holegus
I'm a participant level 2

A few days ago I received a strange email from Fido. The sender's email address looks legit: Fido@e.fido.ca

The email states, that my Fido Home Internet modem will no longer provide services after May 6, 2024, and I have to contact them for the modem replacement. A new modem comes from Rogers free of charge (Rogers Ignite Internet modem). 

They say if no action is taken, my Fido internet will be disconnected on May 9, 2024.

They ask me to call this number: 1-877-331-9209.

In the past, I got many scam calls from "Rogers representatives", so now I am suspicious.

Did you receive such an email? What should I do?

11 REPLIES 11

KJA
I'm a participant level 1

Hi. Is it possible to post the email.

I deleted mine by mistake. Mine said two years same price as paying now. Went into a Rogers/Fido store. Just denied and such email. Wanted to sign me up at twice the price. 

Thanks

zzzzzzzzzz4158

Do I need to return the fido modem? Very confused

Hey @zzzzzzzzzz4158! Your old modem can simply be recycled. It will no longer work on June 2nd 2024. We hope this clarifies. 🙂

mikenic

I got the same message and called the number. It's legit BUT they will force you to take the Ignite TV service as well. I told the rep that I do not want the TV service, but there was no option. I have set top boxes paid for and do not want to rent new ones, probably six at $20 each. Not sure what the next move is?

Hey @mikenic! Rogers has a wide range of plans and bundle options at different price points for customers to choose from based on their needs.  We would suggest getting in touch with them again to verify your options. 

AndrewFido

This email is legit?  Why can't Fido just send us all a new modem instead of making us call them first?

Hello AndrewFido,

Welcome to the community!

Fido is no longer offering Home Internet services. They can't just send customers a new modem if they are not providing services anymore. If you call Fido, they will help you to migrate over to Rogers. While Fido may be owned by Rogers, they operate as separate entities.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Gam33toronto

Everyday since that email i called that number for 30 mins and i hang up cuz ther'es no sign of anyone picking up. what a waste of time. I chatted with Fido they have no clue or unable to help me. Like Come on. 

holegus

I decided to dump Fido Home Internet and move to another provider and not Rogers. Will keep their mobile.

holegus

Thank you for the info. Should we believe what Fido is saying online? I suspect that after the switch to Rogers, I will see a higher bill.

Unsatisfied
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

It is true, Fido will cease home internet in May and current customers can either move directly to Rogers or seek a different provider. Expect long delays on that 1-877 phone number. Currently I have been on hold for 1h09m and am still waiting... Be sure to keep your cellphone plugged into the charger when you call. Also note, when I asked at a Rogers store about the transition, the price they quoted me was much higher than what Fido is saying online.