Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching plans

Fido1004
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, 

I just change my phone plan today. I got curious and checked the plans they're offering at BYOP section.  I saw a plan that really fits my data usage. Can I switch to that one right away or do I have to wait?  I have 2 payments left on my device and I don't mind paying it off.  

Also one more thing, the plan doesn't show when I'm logged in. 

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Fido1004,

Welcome to the community!

You should be able to make additional lump-sum payments towards your outstanding Payment Program balance (see here). Once your remaining balance is paid, you should be able to switch to a BYOP plan. Alternatively, you might be able to switch to a BYOP plan immediately which would cancel your current Payment Program agreement requiring payment of outstanding balance.

If you do not see that particular plan when you are logged in, it's possible that plan is for new activations only. Unfortunately, if you currently have Fido services, you wouldn't be eligible for those plans. Current customers should also be able to avail of BYOP plans, though the costs might be different from the plans advertised to the general public.

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to discuss your situation or make a lump sum payment toward your Payment Program balance, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers