cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong bill generated

tyagi_annie
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I bought new sim of fido with 44 CAD plus taxes. But my first month  bill comes with 107CAD  which includes one time payment of 61 CAD. How to rectify this bill. Someone says extra bill amount will refund. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tyagi_annie,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear your bill is not as expected. However, you should also note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customer accounts. If you wish to discuss an issue with your bill, you would need to contact customer service. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

That said, for any given billing cycle, you are charged the upcoming monthly fees as well as any overages you might have incurred during your previous month. So you are charged in advance for your monthly plan plus any usage above your allotments previous month. Since most billing cycles start within a few days after activation, first bills usually include the upcoming monthly fees as well as prorated charges for the few days before your billing cycle started. Is it possible the additional charges you note are the prorated charges for the days before your cycle started?

Alternatively, if you purchased your services with customer service assistance (ie in-store or Live Chat etc), there would be a set-up fee. Unless there is a specific promotional offer to waive the fee, it is generally only waived if purchase are made on Fido.ca without assistance.

Hope this help 😀

Cheers