cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I buy a Fido home phone adapter (ZTE WF723)?

Cindy22
I'm a participant level 2

Nobody at Fido can tell me how to replace the home phone adapter (receiver) used to connect my elderly parents' landline phone to the Fido network. 

I tried Live Chat twice, called twice, but every single time I waited hours and just got the runaround.

Terrible, terrible customer service.

5 REPLIES 5

Cindy22

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have tried all of it 🙄.

I called the number on the Fido Home Phone website page that specifically says "How to get it" and gives 1-866-315-3436 to call. The representative that came on the line: (1) identified herself with Rogers and (2) didn't have a clue what I was talking about and transferred me to another department (where I waited on hold for 30 minutes before just giving up). I assume then that this is a general Rogers/Fido phone number. Also, all of the stores I called in my area do not stock this item. One employee told me they haven't had this device for 2 years and new employees don't know what it is.

AND ... a representative on one of the live chats I tried said they don't sell home phones. 

So yea, Fido is willing to take my money every month for this service, but won't provide support. Not cool.

Hi @Cindy22 and welcome to the Community!

Sorry to read that you're having difficulties trying to get your adapter replaced. Can you tell us if you have tried to reach our technical support team on live chat or over the phone for assistance regarding your situation already? Here's a link for our method of contact for home phone support:

https://www.fido.ca/contact/home-phone

Let us know if you still need assistance!

Cindy22

I have tried live chat twice, with many transfers (including to and from technicians). I called the number shown on the Fido website home phone page (where it says "how to get it").  I was stranded on hold for 30 minutes, hung up and tried again. Under EVERY instance, nobody could help me, in fact most representatives had no idea what I was talking about. The same thing happened when I tried calling my local stores (as suggested by one rep). In fact, one of the store employees told me I would have to go into the store as they couldn't help me over the phone, then tried to sell me a new cell phone (clearly not understanding the issue). I have given up believing that Fido cares.

Why is Fido still selling this feature if they can't support it? Why am I paying for a home phone line that can't be supported when there are issues? 

Hello again,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues locating a replacement device. Unfortunately, I cannot speak as to why you're having such difficulty finding a replacement. I have found replacement devices through eBay and Amazon, though I cannot personally vouch for either of the sellers. As far as I am aware, they should work with Fido.

I have also found some available on Kijiji, though availabilty would be dependent on your location. Facebook Marketplace might also be a venue to consider.

I do understand it might be preferrable to obtain a new device from Fido (or Rogers), however, obtaining a device from another source might get your parents connected again.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Cindy22,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've been having a difficult time obtaining a new Home Phone device for your parents. I understand you have attempted to call, however, what number did you use? As far as I can tell, the number for Home Phone appears to be different from the regular contact number (see here). In addition, there appears to be a Store Locator option which might be able to identify those locations which might have Wireless Home Phone services. You might be able to contact a location directly to see if they have any devices available for purchase.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers