Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Data Plans: Missing Carrier Alerts

Confusedhere
I'm a contributor level 3

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to bring attention to a frustrating issue I've been having with my Fido data plan.

While we all know data-only plans can't send/receive regular texts, Fido alerts (account updates, SIM changes, Fido 2FA) were always the exception. But lately, this hasn't been the case. After working fine for a while, these crucial alerts have completely stopped across all my eligible Fido devicess!

Here's a specific example: When trying to activate eSIM through the Fido portal, the only option is to send the confirmation code via SMS to my data-only plan number. This worked flawlessly before, but now it always fails.

This situation is seriously impacting my experience. No more data usage warnings or account updates, important Fido alerts!

And I'm not alone. I've seen similar reports on other forums. So, I wanted to see if anyone else here has encountered this issue with missing Fido carrier alerts or eSIM activation problems on data-only plans.

The more voices we raise, the sooner Fido can hopefully acknowledge and fix this!

2 REPLIES 2

FidoNajat

Hey @Confusedhere! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need help to activate your eSIM.  

Confusedhere

Hi @FidoNajat 

Unfortunately I have to drop by an official flagship store for eSIM issues.

Right now, the priority is for the backend tech team to resolve the issue with Fido/Rogers SMS alerts sent by Fido regarding Fido/Rogers account related notifications/changes. The only option in the portal is to have it sent to the Fido phone number assigned to the tablet. However, as I mentioned above, this feature is broken.