cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy in Bill: I am a student & Fido is charging me huge amounts with false billing. This is pure harasment.

Shaonb2001
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Team,

Its extremely disappointing that you guys are charging me more stating data usage beyond my plan limit. Here are the 2 discrepencies:

1.In the last bill, You have charged me wrongly for 4 days, mentioned in the itemised bill. These dates are 10th Feb, 11th Feb(Mentioned twice ) & 17th. Each of these 4 days you have mentioned that I have used 3 GB data & u have charged me $160(@$30 each day), However, the in the description for each of these, this doesnot match! Moreover, all thses days I have been using my Uni Wifi & my data was switched off. 

2. You have charged me 0.80 as a late payment charge, wherein I have paid on the last date of payment itself. So this is also an error.

These bill discrepencies are continuing for last 3 months. I have visited your shop many a times & your staffs have misguided me many times & i have not extended support. 

You must understand that this is a pure harasment to a student like me & it is impossible for me to pay hefty amount each month & hence would like to put a formal compalint to the canadian telecom forum, if you do not correct this discrepancy. I have paid my monthly rental & have put paying the extra amount on hold till me disputes are solved. Kindly solve this ASAP, failing which I would also stop taking your services & switch to other options.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Shaonb2001,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear your bill is higher than expected. Firstly, you should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customers' accounts or the ability to make changes on their accounts.

I understand you believe there are discrepancies on your bill. I also understand you were connected to Wifi at your University. However, is it possible your device had a feature such as Wifi-assist or Adaptive-Wifi enabled? If it did, it could have automatically switched to celluar data if the Wifi connection was not adequate.

You noted the itemised bill stated 3 GB of data on multiple instances. From what I understand, that would seem to indicate your plan had Data Overage Protection (DOP). Plans without DOP would have simply accumulated overage data usage rather than in additional data allotments. With DOP, your data would have been paused and you would have needed to purchase additional data.

With regards to the late-payment charge, it might not have been in error. I understand you made payment on the last day of payment. However, you should note that it may take a number of days for the payment to be received by Fido depending on method of payment (see here). Fido needs to have received the payment by the required due date (see Terms of Service; section 3c). If you made payment on the last day, it likely would not have been received until after the due date.

It is generally not the best practice to merely not pay the amount in question as that amount would continue to acrue late fees.

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill as a student even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider trying to arrange a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations department. It should also be mentioned that any arrangement would be at the discretion of the credit operations team.

As mentioned, we are fellow community members. We would not be in any position to address your issue. If you wished to discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service again. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers