Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Fido

fido_user21
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I'm currently a Bell customer, and I'm planning to switch to Fido. In particular, I'd like to switch to one of the Black Friday deals that are being offered online now.

My question is if I purchase the deal online, how do I install it in my phone and ***keep my old phone number***?

I understand that Fido kiosks are able to help in this transfer process, but the above deal is not being offered at the kiosks now. It's online only.

Thanks, and sorry for the noob question.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Fido_user21,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, if you purchase services online, your SIM card would be sent to you in the mail. Your new line would be assigned a phone number (temporary if you want to keep your old number). Once you receive your new SIM card, you would need to contact customer service to request your old phone number ported to your new line. It would be important not to cancel your services with Bell prior to the port request (see here).

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You would need to contact customer service in order to request the number port. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers