cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over priced

Largetreetony
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have been back and forth with fido and rogers for my cell phone dropping calls missed calls broken and eco conversations because I have to turn on wifi calling and use the bell internet for my fido phone.

I have 30 gb on 1 phone and 10 on the other and never use half of it because I can't get service for the service I pay good well rediculous money for.

Since last spring until today I've called several times and spent at least 1hr each time doing the same back and forth and nothing worked . I know the issue and no one listens and they cannot solve it.

I'm offered the same plane for less with a new phone on the second number and  offered 5 extra gb for 10.00 more on the phone that pays 30 more than the other phones offered identical plan.

Ive had enough of the run around and today I've been hung up on several times by rogers either they call back and wait with breathing and hang up on me. Or they say I got a great deal and don't listen to the fact I'm wasting money to use bell with a fido phone.

I want reimbursement of both plans switched to a better more affordable plan that's 80 gb unlimited everything fir both  and 2 new devices with less than the overpriced I see.

Litigation and a new provider I will switch to as I use fido or Roger's strictly because it employs canadaians.

I cannot get passed to a supervisor by the clowns today.

I work for myself and have.lost alot of money last fall and it's starting again due to the horrible service that I pay good money for. I'll wait and try calling again.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Largetreetony,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your calls. However, from what you describe, it sounds like your issue could be related to cellular reception. The nature of cellular service is that it is dependent on being able to receive adequate signal from the cellular towers. Adequate signal would depend, in part, on your location relative to the cellular towers. You can get an idea of your area cellular towers here. In addition to your proximity to the cellular towers, there are also many factors can affect cellular reception (see here and here). That's why no mobile provider can guarantee service. There are just too many factors beyond their control.

Unfortunately, if your circumstances don't allow for adequate cellular signal at your location, there isn't much that can be done. It's a common misunderstanding that any mobile provider will suit everyone everywhere. That simply isn't the case. If cellular signal is poor at your location, that could account for the dropped and missed calls. As you note, Wifi-calling allows you to make/receive calls. Rather than connecting to the Fido/Rogers network via cellular towers, your device would connect to their network via Wifi.

If you do not receive adequate cellular signal at your location, changing plans would not likely improve your situation. Perhaps an alternate provider might have better coverage in your area.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers