cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Mail service disappeared

si
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

I am a very long-time Fido user, always pre-paid, and have been on the $25 a month pre-paid plan the last couple of years. This plan includes free voicemail.

I recently received a phone call that I could not answer, so I let it go to the voicemail, but when I later tried to retrieve the message that was left, I was unsuccessful in accessing it. Every time I entered my voicemail PIN, I was told that it was the wrong PIN...I eventually tried changing my PIN from the voicemail menu, but to my great surprise, I was told that there is no voicemail service with my monthly plan!...

I called Fido customer service, and was told that I needed to re-initialize my voicemail service in order to get it back...

Why did it disappear in the first place, I asked the agent, and she was unable to answer, only rather curtly asking again if I wanted to re-initialize the voicemail service, also informing me that all prior voice messages would be lost (including the one that I had received earlier, and was unable to retrieve)..

I had no choice but to have the voicemail re-initialized, otherwise no voicemail service..

My voicemail was working fine the last time that I checked it, maybe a week earlier. So, what happened to it, why did it disappear like that?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

FidoVan

Hi @si 

This is something we would not be able to answer here sadly as we would need to access your account to see what happened exactly. If you still need support with that, don't hesitate to reach us out at *611 from your Fido device for support or at 1-888-482-3436 (for prepaid services only) from any other devices!