Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service from Fido

jjmaia
I'm a participant level 2

Hi all,

Hopping to get some help here since I have no idea what else to do!

My partner and I cancelled our services with Fido Mobile on the 16th of December. Since we’ve only used one week, we were entitled to a partial refund. We asked Fido how that would work and we were told we would get a cheque in the mail. We were confused and boggled on how the refund is only handled by cheque, but that seems to be a Canadian issue, and not just fido.

I got my cheque 3 weeks ago, but nothing as of yet for my partner. She contacted fido by chat two times and on both she was told contradictory information: that the check was sent on the 13th of January, while on the second time we were told the 21th. Nevertheless, it has been more than a month and nothing.

Today we tried to call, and after waiting for several minutes on the line, the person that answer says they need to transfer us to accounts (or something like that). While we are on hold for the accounts the call drops. We call again, wait again, explain everything again, and again, the call drops while we’re being transferred.

This is completely ridiculous and I do not know what to do anymore!

3 REPLIES 3

FidoVanessa

Hey @jjmaia!

We're sorry about your recent experience. Your partner can also contact us on social media (Facebook, X (Twitter) or Instagram).

We would be more than happy to look into it once again. 

pennypacker
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I once cancelled Rogers (felt like getting out of a bad marriage!). I believe their backend accounting system is the same or similar to Fido's. I also got a cheque in that case. One thing I noticed back then was when I logged into my accont profile it eventually showed a credit and after that the cheque came in the mail soon after. I recommend your partner checks her account balance shows a credit. In a case like this I would probably also go into a Fido store and have them help in person. In my experience I usually get more help when I start out "nice" but then if they are not helpful I become more and more "firm" in my approach. If that rep won't provide proper service ask them to find someone who can, such as their supervisor. It's not being a "Karen", it's your right. One last thought... On many occasions the mail delivery person put other peoples' mail in my community mailbox. There's always that possibility.

jjmaia

There is a credit on the account, for weeks now. I went to a store and they have refused to help, told me it needs to be online.