Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious of being affected by a scam

Azmin
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, 

today I got a call from a number of Maryland. the guy told me his name is John. however, he told me that since the Rogers or Fido has increased their monthly bill for every clients, they're trying to lessen the cost of every clients. for pulling all the information of mine to the system, he sought my email address and Fido client number..  he also sought t the one-time password that came to my email. since the email came from the fighter website, I trusted and gave him the one time password. now I'm thinking if the call was a fraud. I'm not really sure about any future Danger. this is why I am sending this message.  what can I do now? 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Azmin,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately, it sounds like you fell victim to a fraudlent call. I understand the caller might have identified themselves as from Rogers or Fido. However, legitimate calls would not originate from Maryland. Had you also contacted Fido's Fraud department? You should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customers' accounts nor any details of your situation. If you wish to discuss the matter you would need to contact customer service. They would likely refer you to their Fraud department. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Here are some things to follow if you're a victim of fraud.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers