I'm a participant level 1

IMG_6014.png

IMG_6013.png

I haven't changed my phone, but the past 4 days have been awful :

• Can't call/receive text
  • Can't call/receive calls
  • cant access my data 
  • Phone is constantly in no service/No network found
  • It would connect me to service every other few hours, but only for a few seconds ( and just give me the "new voicemail" notification ) before turning off again 
  • i have resetted my phone about 10 times ( both network settings and device )
  • payed my phone bill early and upgraded but that seemed to have made it worse.
  • taken out and inserted back my SIM card 
  • Contacted support and they said they reset it on their end but my phone only connected for a second before turning off again ( but she told me to wait an hour or so)
  • often, when I go into my settings, I can't even access the cellular settings since they say " set up cellular"
  • there are apparently no network issues in my area 

please help, I'm a university student living away from home and I can't contact anyone. And it's fusrating paying for service that i have no access to

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tyandrah,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with connecting to your services. I understand your issue has been for a couple of days now. However, has your battery level always been low? How has your cellular signal been prior to the start of your issue?

A low battery level might indirectly affect your phone signal by reducing the power available for maintaining a strong signal, especially in areas with weaker reception. When cell coverage is weak the phone attempts to increase its output power in an attempt to maintain a connection. If the power is too low, it may not be able to maintain the connection.

I understand that may not explain your issue entirely as you may have charged your device during those days. However, do you have the same issues with a fully charged device?

Does that same issue happen everywhere? Are there any places where your signal improves? Cellular reception does depend, in part, on your location relative to the cellular towers. You might consider trying to locate a closer (or different) cellular tower to see if your situation improves. You can view your area cellular towers here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Tyandrah,

Welcome to the community!

If you have access to another device can you try inserting your SIM card on the other device and see if you have the same issue, you can also try going to a Fido store and see if they have a spare device that they can test the SIM card on. If the SIM card works it could be a problem with the device but if it doesn't then you know the problem is with the SIM card and you can change the SIM card.