cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Dishonesty

hiraku165
I'm a participant level 2

I'm new to Fido, signed up like 2 weeks ago for an offer of $40 for 40GB data plan. I checked the app and my account and they jacked it up to $45/mo for 40GB without telling me. They record all phone calls so they can trace back and I'd have proof. Has anyone encountered something like this? I had an awful time with Bell so I was looking for a fresh start but do I have to look for another?

3 REPLIES 3

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

I was also mis-led in February. 2023. I was "promised" to get the 25gb plan for 33$. but was charged 40$ for 40gb. then got it fixed to 32$ for 1gb (10 + 5 gb free) total 32$/16gb. then just few days ago I chatted and offered additional free 3gb for 3 months or 5gb for 2 months. so I have now until nov 2023 . 32$ / 21gb.  in conclusion.  Canada needs foreign carriers to reduce prices. I.e. eu UK USA Asia carriers into canada

hiraku165

I fully agree. I guess it's time to shop around again, it's so stressful. I'll give them a call but I'm frustrated.

Hey everyone!

Sorry to read about both your experience. If you need support with anything at all, we're also available on Facebook or X in private. Hope to chat with you soon!

https://www.fido.ca/contact/billing-payment