cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 833-447-6665 a scam call?

NikkyE
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I received a call from 833-447-6665 for selling $29/40GB offer, is this a scam call? The caller asked for credit card information. 

5 REPLIES 5

PPM
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Étrangement ROGERS me confirme que le numéro 1-833-447-6665 est celui de l'équipde de Win Back (la rétention) de FIDO. Demander leur de vous confirmer votre numéro de compte FIDO pour valider...

Salut PPM,

Puisqu'il s'agit du forum anglais, je vais continuer en anglais...

Unfortunately, we may no longer be able to rely on the phone number to identify callers. Many scammers/spammers have resorted to spoofing phone numbers to get people to answer calls (see here). In this case, people are made to think they are dealing with the Fido Winback team, when they may very well be speaking with scammers.

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done to prevent these calls. We, as customers, need to be more vigilant when answering potentially suspisious calls. Yes, it is possible the call may legitimately be from Fido. However, as Original_Lucy notes in the solution, if anyone is asking for personal or financial information, it would be best to independently verify the offer through contacting customer service.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

gulshandeep
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I got same call from same number. @FidoD is this legitimate?

Hey @gulshandeep 

This is definitely not from Fido. We suggest blocking the number directly from your device. We also recommend reporting the incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre online: www.antifraudcentre.ca or by phone at 1-888-495-8501 

Hope this clarifies, and let us know if you have any questions.

Hi @NikkyE , if anyone is asking for credit card info,  hang up. If this is legit, sign in to your account or check on the Fido app. The offer if real will show there. Never give away your info on a random call.