Did you mean: 

Fido does not have a formal complaint email address

CRJPeters
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1
  • To whom it may concern, 

On Sunday March 3, 2024, I entered the Fido store located at, 7 Oaks Mall,

31940 South Fraser Way Unit 18, Abbotsford, BC V2T 1V6

and had one of the worst experiences of my life.

When I entered, there were 2 visible customers at the counter being attended to by customer service  agent #1 (CS 1).
 After about 2 - 3 minutes a customer spoke in another language (I believe it was Hindi) to CS 1 and there was laughter for a moment or two...then a second customer service agent (CS 2), a female previously not visible because of the service counter height, spoke and said " can I help you up here ?". I said " no, thats fine, I don't mind waiting until the other customers are finished ". I was looking at the phones displayed and was absolutely trying to take my time. A moment passes and (CS 1) said something in hindi, and they all laughed at it, and a moment later she says again " can I help you here " (gesturing directly in front of herself). And so I said, " no, I don't mind waiting, and I have some personal, privacy issues and it would be better for me to wait until you're finished with the other customers...Unless those 2 guys are employees and you're all just kind of standing around waiting for another customer ...which seems unlikely ". CS 1 said something again in hindi and they all laughed very loud and when CS 2 slowed her laughter she covered her mouth to hide her laughter and said again...something like " I can help you here while still laughing " and then one of the customers said something in hindi again and they all laughed some more. At which point I said something like, " this is one of the reasons I have a personal issue and I doubt Fido senior management will laugh when I report how I am being treated... " but before I finished talking one of them spoke in hindi again and they all burst out laughing and I left the store and immediately tried to call Fido customer care while walking to,...LITERALLY the nearest Fido competitor.. Fido customer care was closed and Freedom Mobile made me an offer. When heading to my car I then stopped at Roger's and they also made me an offer and took notes of my visit and how the Fido store customer service reps had treated me.

I'm a business major, attended SFU for my MBA sit as a trustee with a multimillion dollar investment and have a large professional network...none of which feel that a business could afford to employ people as disrespect, reckless and insulting as these CS agents. Nor can a company afford to lose business and customers on a regular basis to this particular type of public humiliation. 
I slept on it a few days and I'm still very upset and my peers on the Trusts board are planning to follow in suit with my decisions regarding this matter with their own cellular plans (10 Trustees, 8 currently with Fido).
Please feel free to contact me regarding this matter. I hope a reasonable resolution will be obtained in a timely manner. 

Respectfully, 
Christopher R.J. Peters 

I waited and slept on my feelings about the treatment I received and called Fido today for some type of resolution...after more than an hour on the call with Fido it was suggested that they wanted a formally submitted complaint but Fido apparently do not have an email address to send it to. This process is ridiculously time consuming and so far unfruitful.
How do I get real support with this issue?
1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello CRJPeters,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your experience. However, you should note these forums are community-driven and are not intended as a venue for customer support. If you wished to submit a formal complaint, you would need to escalate your matter through customer support. Issues will only be referred to the Office of President or Ombudsman once the proper escalation process had already been exhausted (see here). 

If you wished to address your matter, you would need to re-contact customer service and have them escalate your concern. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. You can also follow the resolve a concern.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers