cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device

PShivani
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I have been with fido for more than 4 years and a month ago called to claim device coverage under device protection and they are fooling me by saying the IMEI of my device shows them a different device than what i have. I provided them all proofs and verified IMEI with apple too and still fido won't accept their intentions of not providing replacement. They have been "escalating " the matter for more than 4 weeks now and makes promises every week to get me to a solution. I am sure no escalations are been made because no results so far have been made and they are just fooling customers. They scamed device protections charges for 4 years and when time to provide service they are fooling customers or maybe themselves by stating the device IMEI is showing them a different device than what they gave me when purchased. I have all the proofs of device as well as they know what lies they are bringing to table every week. I tried dealing with them as patiently as i could now its time to get legal help. Company shouldn't scam people. Would never recommend fido to anyone . Company never fails to charge or suspend services if a customer fails to pay bills, why isn't company capable to bring valid answers in such case and rather brings stupid excuses like IMEI is same but device is different, LIKE SERIOUSLY!!!

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello PSivani,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Device Protection claim. However, you should note that while it might be Fido's Device Protection, it is provided by Likewize. They would be the ones making any decisions regarding coverage approval.

I understand you you have verified your IMEI information with Apple. However, had you previously used a different device with Fido? If you did, it's possible the device protection may only cover that device and not your current one. Likewize had changed their policy to IMEI-based protection (see here). If you switched devices, you would have needed to re-enroll protection for the new device. Is it possible the IMEI they have on file is for an old device? That could explain why it's different from your current device.

On the other hand, do you mean the IMEI is the same but shows a different device? Unfortunately, that situation is not uncommon. I just Googled inaccurate IMEI information and it produced many pages with that same issue. They can only go with the information they can access. If that information is not correct, the would likely need to verify the information for themselves.

I also understand you have escalated your matter. However, had you done so through Fido or Likewize? You might consider going through the escalation process through them.

You should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customers' accounts nor any details of your situation. If you wish to discuss the matter you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers