cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Faster speeds. same price" mail

sbulko
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Got the following mail, is it a Scam? because I don't see anything on the website

"

faster speeds. Same price.

We’re upgrading your Internet. Call us today!

Hi ________

We have an important update to share with you.

We’re upgrading your Fido Home Internet to Rogers Ignite, giving you faster speeds, for the same price you currently pay. Starting May 6, 2024, Fido Home Internet will no longer be available.

2 REPLIES 2

FidoAnthonyZ

Hi @sbulko,

Welcome to the community! 

This isn't a scam! We're migrating our Fido home internet over to Rogers Ignite service to provide you with an enhanced customer experience with fibre-powered reliability, our fastest speeds, and the ultimate WiFi experience with the most advanced WiFi security.

Hope this reassures you. 😊

Unsatisfied
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

It was on the website over the weekend but now they have taken it down and sent these emails instead. I spent 1h48m on the phone to do the migration. They seem to want to put everyone on the more expensive 1.5g speed, for the same as whatever you are paying now; however if you hesitate and show more interest in the lower speeds, the price drops considerably. On the Rogers site if you enter the promo code for Fido clients, ROGERSSAVE, you will see deals on other internet packages in addition to the 1.5g plan. I suggest you visit the Rogers site before your conversation with the Fido rep.