Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will unlocked Samsung Note8 work on Fido Network

DYANG21
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I want to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 N950FD 6GB Ram 64GB Dual Sim SIM FREE/ UNLOCKED phone from Hong Kong. 

According to the supplier, this cell phone may not be fully compatible with the LTE bandwidths operated by some carrier. This phone is unlocked,  and is international and compatible to GSM networks. It can be used with any GSM network around the world (that matches the bands supported by the phone). AT&T, T-Mobile and their partners operate with GSM. 

I am wondering if it will work on Fido Network.

Thanks!
DYang

3 REPLIES 3

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @DYANG21

Welcome to the Community!

We also use GSM network on our side, but to be sure the device will be compatible with our network and services it's best to verify here Smiley

You'll find all the info in the Things to Know section

Let us know if anything!

DYANG21

As per the specifications of the phone:

2G Network: - 850MHZ - 900MHZ - 1800MHZ - 1900MHZ

3G Network: - 850MHZ - 900MHZ - 1900MHZ - 2100MHZ

4G Network: - 700MHZ - (B20) 800MHZ - 850MHZ - 900MHZ - 1700MHZ - 1800MHZ - 1900MHZ - 2100MHZ - 2300MHZ - 2600MHZ

I am not sure it is compatible with Fido's following:

- Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz) and/or

- Band 7 (2600 MHz) and/or

- Band 17 (700 MHz)

I don't know the relationship between 2G, 3G and 4G with Band 4, 7 and17. 

Does the phone needs to meet all the the above band 4, 7 and 17 to be able to fully function? Are there lots areas using band 17?

Thanks!

DYang

Hey DYANG21!

From what I can find, here and here, it looks like your device will be able to connect to our LTE network, as well as our 2G/3G network, as your device supports all the frequencies that we use for our network. It appears that this is dependent on using the first SIM card slot. From the information I've found it looks like the second SIM card slot only supports a 2G connection. 

I hope this clears things up!