cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg, v10 verizon unlocked

Barh5250
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I got a new unlocked Verizon v10. I can't get lte could someone please help me with that one?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@Barh5250 wrote:

I got a new unlocked Verizon v10. I can't get lte could someone please help me with that one?

***Edited to add labels***

Hello Barh5250,

Welcome to the community!

Are you able to use the phone to make/receive calls or send/receive texts with the phone? Verizon phones have been notorious for being rather difficult to get to work properly (see here and here). Unfortunately, I'm not sure whether solutions were ever found so most of this is speculation.

When you got the phone, had it been activated on the Verizon network? It is still a CDMA-based phone and may need activation on their network before allowing use on other networks.

Have you verified that your preferred network is set to GSM/UMTS(WCDMA)/LTE?

Have you been previously able to receive LTE at your location? If so, with which phone? While the LTE specifications provided above are not incorrect, Verizon designates some bands/frequencies as roaming.

Verizon V10.jpg

Taken from here.

If you're in an area with only band 7 available, you might have to enable roaming to get it to connect. It's also possible that enabling roaming may open the SIM-slot to allow for GSM, WCDMA, and LTE. You can verifiy the bands/frequencies of your surrounding towers here.

Hope some of this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Barh5250 you have to set up your APN for Fido's network. Your phone has two of the 4 Bands Fido/Rogers uses for LTE you can get more info here according to your phone specs taken from here your phone has two compatible LTE bands LTE band 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 13(700) - Verizon.

• APN Settings:

• APN: LTEMOBILE.APN

MMS (Picture & Video Messaging Settings):

• Leave the following fields blank: Proxy, Port, User Name, Password, Server
  • Press the Options button on your device, tap on Save in order to save the APN settings.
  • Restart the phone and try browsing the Internet.

Full info here.