Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel Software Updates

Fidoman2
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there peeps.

I am looking to purchase a Google Pixel phone from Fido and just wondering will the future software updates come directly from Google or will, Fido receive them first and start rolling them out when they see fit.

I see that Rogers has stated that all future software updates for the Google Pixel will come straight from Google.
Will Fido do the same.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/10/07/rogers-rep-says-pixel-software-updates-will-come-straight-from-goo...

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Fidoman2,

Welcome to the Community! Smiley 

As with the Nexus lineup, the android and security updates for this model will be coming directly from Google! 

I hope this helps clarify things a little and that you enjoy your new phone! Smiley 

siamak__
I'm a contributor level 2
I talked to a google support guy about the March security update, he said it will be pushed by your carrier, which is Fido. And I haven't yet received March security patch!

@siamak__ wrote:
I talked to a google support guy about the March security update, he said it will be pushed by your carrier, which is Fido. And I haven't yet received March security patch!

Hello Siamak_,

Are you sure the person from Google you spoke with understood you are with Fido (Rogers)? Some carrierrs have opted to handle the update release (ie Verizon), but Fido/Rogers have decided to have the updates provided from Google directly. You should be receiving them from Google.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

siamak__
Yes I'm pretty sure. He might have misunderstood that Fido is basically Rogers.
Thanks for letting me know.