cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 7.1.2 OTA

siamak__
I'm a contributor level 2

Has anyone received the Android 7.1.2 OTA on their Pixel/XL device?

**Edited to add labels**

121 REPLIES 121

dan6
@FidoStephen

Google tells us to contact Fido now you are telling us to contact google.

I fear we will never get this update

simszero
I'm a contributor level 1

Is there anyone on Fido who can confirm they DID get 7.1.2 OTA?

as far as I can tell the answer is no.

This needs to be investigated, clearly something going on if so many people are stuck in the same situation ( no new OS or security patches since February) 

if this isn't acknowledged shortly I'm going to have to switch carriers, the main reason I got a pixel is so that I get timely OS and security updates.

big_biso

anybody received this update. untill now nothing for me and it is over 3 weeks so I am not sure what is this phased role out is all about

@big_biso wrote:

anybody received this update. untill now nothing for me and it is over 3 weeks so I am not sure what is this phased role out is all about

Hello Big_biso,

As noted in the post above, the update has been delayed until May 1st (see OS schedule here). If I'm not mistaken, the update is paired with voLTE enablement (see here) which is why this update needs to be certified by Fido/Rogers. Future security patches will be available directly from Google.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

VoLTE for the Pixel phones was enabled with the April update the March update was delayed and combined with the April update, the May 1st update is only a security update.

Hey everyone! @KAPABLE-K is right.  

The VoLTE update was released on April 3rd. The one on May 1st is only a security update. Smiley 

siamak__

@FidoMegan @KAPABLE-K But the question is "where is the April update?Smiley

@siamak__ that is a good question i'm not sure why its taking so long for everyone to get the April update. Did you try doing a manual search and see if it will show up? Or try clearing your cache partition, reboot and then try again to see if that helps.

siamak__

Next security patch will be released on Monday, May 1.

It is very disappointing that people are still waiting for 7.1.2.

Even more disappointing is that Fido/Rogers cancelled the March security update to pair it with the April update.

I decided to sideload the OTA, but this is not what a Pixel phone meant to be.

juju86
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Disappointing me once again Fido.  This is a very common recurrence.  First billing, then customer service, now apparently you're meddling with my Pixel OTA updates.  What's next?  The least you can do is admit the mistake, and apologize for the delay, and offer a solution as to how this will not happen again for future OTA updates.

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @juju86

Not sure I understand what you mean. Did you not get the April update? 

dan6
@FidoMegan

I am still on February update as are most if not all people. What's going on?

Thank you for confirming @dan6

So I can confirm with you that you now have an unlocked device, am I right?

dan6
@FidoKenny

Yes it is.

Everyone in this thread is having the same issue. I have been on Reddit and no Fido customers with a Google pixel has received an update. We are all still on February 7.1.1

This is definitely something we are looking into.

We will update you here on this thread as soon as we have an update.

ant1

Pixel bought from Fido store, stuck on Feb update too. Unacceptable. 

big_biso

MY Pixel XL was purchased from fido, but still no update as well. I thought all pixel phones are unlocked like Nexus, and they should receive updates directly from Google.

Hey big_biso!

Updates are always rolled out in batches so there may be delays associated with you receiving your update. 

big_biso
I am afraid that is not true it has been 1 month and we did not receive 7.1.2 and Sherrill patch. Today Google released May patch. I know about batch roll out but after 1 month it is not that. I even contacted google and they said to check with carrier. Not sure why since it is pixel and it should be controlled by Google directly

simszero

I'm also still on 7.1.1 with February security patch. Manually searching for updates indicates "up to date" 

According to your OS schedule the Pixel should be on 7.1.2 with  May security patches.

http://forums.fido.ca/html/assets/OSUpgSchedule.html

Being 3 months behind is concerning.

Can someone confirm if this is being looked into?

Thanks!

big_biso

we are all i the same situation and yet did not hear if anybody received the 7.1.2. contacted Google as well and they said to check with the carrier. the batched roll out usually take 2 weeks and now it has been 1 month and the newer update is already released.