cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 13 Pixel 6 update

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Android 13 was publically released yesterday. Why is it not available to update on my Pixel 6? I'm also curious why Google phones don't appear on the OS upgrade schedule when phones like TCL do have information listed.

3 REPLIES 3

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

As an aside, this issue is now resolved. Using Android Flash tool it's a simple process to install Android 13 yourself and not be beholden to your carrier.

Good morning @Proac , if you have a Google Pixel direct from Google, then you will get the update direct from Google. If you purchased your device from Fido or another carrier,  the update will be sent to your device following carrier testing. Public release is only immediate to a device directly purchased from Google. Keep an eye on the update page for eta of the release from Fido after passing through carrier testing. 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Well considering pure Android is Google's baby I don't get this carrier testing nonsense. It's no different than iOS for Apple. You didn't explain why the Pixel devices aren't on the OS upgrade schedule though?