cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community!

Want to show your cred in the Community (or check out someone else’s cred)? Well, the best way to do that is by earning badges and ranking up. What’s that you ask? Here’s everything you need to know about badges and ranks:

WHAT ARE BADGES?

Badges are like mini trophies earned for different achievements in the Community. For example, you can earn badges for receiving likes, posting solutions, and even just posting questions or comments.

HOW DO I EARN BADGES?

Badges are awarded to those who overall participate in the Community; like solving or answering other community members’ questions, receiving likes, etc. Some badges aren’t too hard to get, but some can be pretty tricky. The more badges you have, the more cred.

WHERE DO I SEE MY BADGES?

The most recent badges you’ve earned are visible on your community profile. To get to your profile, simply click on your username on the top right of your screen, and select My profile. Click View All to see the complete list. It’s sort of like a trophy cabinet. You can see a description of each of your badges by hovering over them/tapping on them. Here are just a few:

badges.PNG

WHAT IS RANKING?

Pretty much all communities have some type of ranking system. One of the main purposes is to show everyone where you stand in the Community. You can see your rank under your user name and on your profile. Everyone starts off as "I'm new here", but who knows, you might even make it to MVP one day!

HOW DO I RANK UP?

Similarly to badges, participating in the Community helps you rank up. The more you participate (visit the Community, post, offer solutions, accumulate likes, etc.), the faster you rank up! Ranks have different colors and signal bar icons next to them, so if you see someone with a high rank and full signal bars, you know they’ve been a member of the Fido Community for a while, or maybe they’re just really helpful!

If you have any questions that we didn’t cover here, feel free to ask in the Feedback board!