Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

value pack is $10 vs. Premium Voicemail to text is $7

wendySolo
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, 

Both are the exact same thing.  But self online upgrade won't let me switch to the cheaper version and if I call it in, 'll be charged $45 service fee.  How do I bypass this problem?

Advice please, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

da-
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello @wendySolo I think you're in the same situation I was in. You may have an older phone plan, and need to switch to a new plan, then the iphone visual voicemail or voicemail-to-text will be $7 not $10.

On my March bill, my Iphone Visual Voicemail Value Pack went from $7 to $10. But when I google "fido iphone visual voicemail" fido's public page says it is $7. https://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/add-ons .

I had a chat with a rep via fido's website yesterday. At first they told me there was nothing they could do, and the price went up and they just hadn't updated the website yet. I said I could get a better plan elsewhere and other companies charge $5 for iphone visual voicemail not $10. They did some more looking and said if I switched to a new plan I could get the $7 visual voicemail pack. And they offered two plans that were not on their website or on my fido web interface, one which was with more data (3gb instead of 2gb) at the same price ($45) and I'm back to $7 a month for visual voicemail. But if they tell you there's nothing they can do, you might have to say you'll cancel your account before they will fix it. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @wendySolo! Smiley

To answer the first part of your question, the value pack and the voicemail option are not the same. The value pack includes voicemail in a bundle, but it is not only. To give you an idea, most of our older value packs come with :

- Name Display (must have Call Display to benefit from this feature)

- Premium Voicemail-To-Text with 35 voice messages  or iPhone visual voicemail

- US & International Premium Calling Rate to mobile and landline phones (just 1 cent a minute to the US, and other countries start at 2 cents per minute!) 

- 2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes

That said, if you do want to switch to just a voicemail add-on we suggest just completing the upgrade with your existing options and once it's done you can contact us and we can remove the value pack and add the other add-on.

We hope that helps! 

wendySolo

Thank you FidoNick for getting back to me.

As I indicated in the subject line of my first message, I'm interested in the $7 Premium Voicemail to text add-on to replace my current $10 Value Pack and not the plain free voice mail.

You listed features of my "old" value pack, but isn't it all the same as  "Premium Voicemail - to text value pack"   listed currently on fido's website? or am I missing something that is not displayed in my bill?

wendySolo_0-1620762198311.png

I'm not calling fido directly because I don't want to be charged an extra $45, just because fido didn't give me the option to changed online as I did for my phone plan.  So if I call, would I still need to pay $45 service charge?

Thanks.

Hey @wendySolo, thanks for the update! 

We get what you mean, however there's no $45 fee for customer care to swap out your options Smiley

What I meant is that since you are looking to get your new phone you can complete that online (without changing any options). This would ensure the $45 fee for the upgrade is not billed.

Once your upgrade is done (or even before) you can contact us to have the value pack swapped.

Does that help?