cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temporary suspension

Hongmei2
I'm a participant level 2

My Fido phone number was ******7362. In May 2023, I applied temporary suspension in person. The staff told me a temporary suspension will be no more than five months and the phone number will be canceled after 5 months if I willnot activate it. However, the Fido charged me for $39.2 in December.I made a phone to customor service in Jan 10,2024. I'm told the number will be cancelled and the charge fee will return me back.However, Fido charged me again for $39.2 in Jan. 

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Hongmei2,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear there seems to be a misunderstanding somewere. Did you request a temporary suspension or to cancel your services?

Fido does offer a temporary suspension for a reduced rate on eligible lines. As Kapable-K notes below, your line would resume as normal following the suspension. To update, however, you should note that the suspension is now only available for a period of 1 to 6 months. It should also be noted that the monthly fee for the temporary suspension may have increased since that post.

You should note that this is the community forum and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customers' accounts and would not know what was previously discussed. If you wish to discuss the matter, you would need to re-contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hongmei2

Thank you for response. I got it.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Hongmei2,

Welcome to the community!

I'm not sure what was discussed when you applied the temporary suspension but a temporary suspension can be applied for 12 months then the account resumes as normal after the set amount of months has passed or you have it removed. Your account would not be canceled.

The reason you are being charged is because the temporary suspension time has passed and your account is back to normal.

If you do want to cancel the account you will need to contact customer service.

Hongmei2

Thank you! The problem is solved.