cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change plan

wongsk
I'm a participant level 2

got the offer on my Fido APP that I am offered a plan that can give me one extra GB and $5 less of my current plan.  Since I purchased my phone on Nov 25, 2020, if I change my plan now, will that affect my contract and I have to pay penalty?   Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

wongsk

Thanks, I am not Twitter.  I think I will visit a nearby Fido store to discuss with a agent. 

Hi there @wongsk , it depends on what type of plan you have. If you have a device that is currently being financed and are only changing your plan, it shouldn't be a problem with changing as your device charges will still carry on with the new plan. If you're on a byop plan, there's no issue there either. If you have an older subsidized plan, which aren't available anymore,  you would have to stay in the same category off plan. What you can do is try reaching out to fidosolutions on Twitter to find out your situation. Better safe than sorry. I'm definitely not an expert on plans, but that's my take on it and I highly advise double checking it with a Fido expert 😉