cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst customer service experience ever with Fido

ilvshnichi
I'm a participant level 2

I've been a loyal customer with Fido for over 10 years. Today is the end of it.

This week when I opened my Fido app, I received a mobile plan promotion that was pictured as saving me $$.

Instead of paying 45$ per month for my mobile plan, I will be paying 40$ per month. So I clicked to get the new mobile plan on the App. (Nowhere did they state that I will end up paying a lot more.)

Afterwards, I immediately received an email with the accounting change confirmation.

Yes they changed to the 40$ mobile plan, but removed all my discounts on my phone obtained in nov 2020. I had an old version 2-year plan with Fido, and I was receiving a Payment Program Promotion of 22.71$ per month on my phone, plus a 5$ discount for loyal clients for the duration of the 2 years.

So basically, Fido just increased my monthly bill by 22.71$ per month, instead of saving me 5$ per month as pictured on the App. It was NOT explained on the App that payment promotion on a phone will be removed.

The Fido service representative was very rude. She explained at first that phone plans and phones are completely separate but refused to listen to my explanations. So I ask her how much I am paying now versus before. After checking for 5-10 minutes, then she told me I clicked to accept the so-called promotion without reading. I told her on the App there is NO mention that any payment promotion will be removed. But the rep cuts me short and basically was telling me I failed to read all the conditions, that they must be there and it's not Fido's fault whatsoever.  She failed to revert to my original plan alone and simply told me she send an email for someone else to do it within the next 24-48 hours.

Normally I receive a Fido customer feedback email after any call but today after this extremely bad experience, no email asking my feedback was received.

I've dealt with Fido for many years, but after my plan finishes in 3 months, that would be the end of it.

4 REPLIES 4

Dorothy4
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have been a fido customer for well over 15 years, and today I used the chat function to speak with a customer loyalty agent. She was not rude, but was unable to help me. She told me that she could not offer me any deals or incentives that weren't already in the system. I pay for three phone lines, have done for many years, and wanted to reduce the cost of one plan that is currently less of a deal than the smallest plan available rigjt now to a current customer. There is a deal online, right now, that is available only to new customers, but she said that she was unable to offer it to me. What is the point, I ask, of having a loyalty department if their hands are tied and they can't even help out a long time loyal customer by giving them a deal that is being offered to new customers? I was polite, but thoroughly disgusted and deeply disappointed at what FIDO considers preferential treatment for "loyalty". FIDO is likely going to lose that line, and possibly the entire account because of the bad taste this has left behind for us. Very very disappointed. Please do better by your long time customers FIDO.

ilvshnichi

I wonder how I can make a complaint of the extremely bad customer service I received?

The Fido lady I've been in touch with on Aug 12th  was extremely rude, and at the end did not send me any survey to be completed.

Hey @ilvshnichi!  We're sorry to read about your experience with our customer service. That's certainly not the way we want you to feel!
You can contact us through one of our channels and we'll be happy to help you.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @ilvshnichi

Usually when changing your plan, online on Fido.ca or on the Fido mobile app, you'll be notified of any changes to the options included in your plan. Seeing as you had ongoing promotions that were not compatible with your new plan, these will be removed when the change is complete.

That being said, the plan change will not change your phone's financement and bill credit if applicable. To clarify, the charge (phone's financement) and the discount (promotional bill credit) are only ongoing for as long as your 2 year contract. One your your 2 year term for the phone's financement is done, we'll stop billing you for the phone but you'll also lose the bill credit discount. You can confirm these details on your details invoice by downloading your bill in PDF version.

I assume that the agent you spoke to sent a request to have your line reverted back to your previous plan and options as well. As your old plan and options may not be available anymore, there's a slight delay to have the change made.

Though. should you need any assistance with your Fido account, don't hesitate to reach out to us using these methods as well and we'll be happy to assist.

Hope this helps!