cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So after 2hours on "FORGET" the phone finally dropped the call WTF.

michaelfelgner
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

So after 2 hours on "FORGET" on hold with Fido's "Customer Service" the phone ended with the call being dropped. My Wife FINALLY got through to Ranjodh from PEI, he was able to solve all of the issues from my wifes side of things. GOOD JOB RANJODH. But Now since I am finally able to long into my own account I see I now have TWO CELL PHONE ACCOUNTS. WTF, SO the person that I was dealling with on Thursday this week completely cocked it all up.

We just wanted to complete a TOR, (transfer of responsibility) We originally set up both phones in my wifes name, now due to my work crediting me for phone use at my new job but it is a requirement that it is in my name.

I have spent a total of 5 hours either online or on the phone trying to get this sorted and it is JUST A MESS. I have not been able to speak to anyone in authority that has any ability to resolve my issues, also instead of me getting my rate as discussed 50GIG for $34.99 and no $60 charge because it was done online. I am being charged the $60 fee plus tax $67.+ the $39.00 PLUS the $60 plus tax ($67) Plus the other phone FEE.  Total of over $240 WTF...I am ready to go to Consumer Cellular or any other second rate carrier as I just do not appear to be able to get through to anyone. Online assistance is random at best.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Michaelfelgner,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your sitution. You should note, though, this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services so we would not have access to customers' accounts. Unfortunately, we would not know what was previously discussed.

That said, you should also note there is a fee to process the transfer of responsibility (ToR) (see here).

@michaelfelgner wrote:

... instead of me getting my rate as discussed 50GIG for $34.99 and no $60 charge because it was done online....

As mentioned, we would not know what you had intended or discussed. However, you should also note that the set-up fees are generally only waived if services are added by ourselves on Fido.ca. If you discussed a particular rate with someone, that service would have been added with customer service assistance and usually incurs the set-up fee. Though, they may have offered to waive the fee for you.

Were both lines transferred? Is that other phone fee for your wife's line?

I understand you have already attempted to contact them. However, if you wish to discuss the matter you would need to contact customer service again. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers