Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam?

Jknees
I'm a participant level 1

611*FlDO
We're doing everything we can to give back to our IoyaI users, get your $50.00 bonus, by filling out the form below.

4 REPLIES 4

sankalp701preet

Hi, a person scammed me by sending about 200$ in my fido account and later demanding half the price he paid but i ignored the demand. But after some months he withdrawed the amount leaving me in a debt of about 400$. Please help me as I am not able to pay this much high amount in order to get my services back. Thank you

Chris1504
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Screenshot_20230304_134847_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

 i got this today and when I called fido they knew nothing about it

Hey @sankalp701preet 

Sorry to hear that. Please contact on these channels and we'll be happy to take a closer look at your account.

@Chris1504 This is indeed an offer from Fido. You can find more info about it on our website as well.

Hope this helps!

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jknees,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the information! Unfortunately, that message is most definitely SPAM. The providers are doing all that they can to prevent SPAM SMS. You can help by forwarding these messages to 7726 (SPAM) (see here). Once audited, it will be used to augment the SPAM filter. Unfortunately, as fast as these messages get blocked by the SPAM filter, the spammers/scammers find new ways to bypass the filter.

A couple of tell-tale signs the the message is SPAM. Firstly, Fido won't send etransfers via email or text message link. In addition, they won't require you to fill any forms in order to claim a loyalty bonus. If you are indeed provided with credit or bonuses, Fido will simply credit your account.

In addition, if Fido does send legitimate SMS, it will come from one of their short codes, not a phone number. Admittedly, since spoofing is so wide-spread, it's possible the spammers/scammers could eventually learn to spoof those codes as well.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers