cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS with URL from Fido employee

5k3m
I'm a participant level 3

I saw a local number saying that I could get a new phone and he claims to be a Fido employee. He also said my first name. When clicked on the link, it leads to a page with the location and postal code of the local store. It also says clicked here to unsubscribe, and it is also a CASL link. Is it fake?

50E39CC0-7F9D-4C15-AF9A-198BF17969B9.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

Good morning @5k3m , I, personally don't trust any of the links sent to my device unless I've opted in knowingly to receive them. I can't say one way or another if that is legitimate. What I would suggest is that you call the outlet directly and ask if they are sending marketing texts out to people and if the one you received is legit. Then if it's an offer that appeals to you, and you are sure it's real you can proceed or choose to opt out. Stay safe. Cheers 

5k3m

I saw someone on the rogers forums post the same thing and a moderator said that it is the employees doing this. And rogers and Fido are sister companies so...

Hey @5k3m, welcome to the community! Alex here and I'll be happy to help. 

Some of our retail representatives and store managers are indeed sending text messages to some of our customers. You might receive offers for hardware upgrades, additional lines, accessory financing and more.

It's good to know that we will never send you a suspicious link to click on that requires you to complete a financial transaction. So, to answer your question, it does look like one of our messages, so not fake! Feel free to unsubscribe or reply STOP to the original message if you don't want to receive these kinds of offers anymore, though. 😊

5k3m

Thanks! So anything with cask.link and says it's from Fido are mostly safe I guess 

Hey @5k3m,

We always suggest verifying with us to be sure the message is legitimate. As @FidoAlex mentioned, it is most likely sent from us if there is no suspicious link to click on.

You can also look over our thread on scam messages here for more information. We hope that helps clarifies things!