cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund Cheque

aquasaur
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I cancelled my internet services back in June and was left with a negative balance. I contacted chat support in July and was told the cheque would arrive in a couple weeks even though i had already waited almost a month. I contacted support again in August (last week) and they said they would look into it and would contact me, but I have not been contacted through phone or email.

Why is it so difficult to get my cheque?

1 REPLY 1

FidoVan

Hi there @aquasaur and welcome to the Community!

Following the closure of your account, you will receive your final bill (your will know it is your final bill as it will be mentioned on the very first page of it). The final invoice will include your regular monthly charges and any prorated credits from the deactivation date to the end of the billing period. A revised final invoice will follow for unpaid balances (if applicable).

Please note that the final invoice must be issued before the remaining credit balance can be refunded. This can take up to 6 weeks from the date of cancellation. Once you will have your final bill, it'll take about 2 - 3 weeks before you receive your cheque.

Automatic refunds on cancelled accounts are issued as a cheque in the account holder’s name and sent to the address on file (make sure this is updated!). International addresses can be used but all cheques are issued in Canadian funds.

All refund cheques expire 6 months from the issue date, and the funds will automatically be re-applied to your account.

All of the cheque refunds submitted for processing by our bank will come from Rogers. Since the bank is unable to distinguish between our brands, all cheques are “Rogers” branded.

Let us know if this helped and where exactly are you in the process!