I am a new fido customer with both phone and internet services. I set up pre-authorized debit payment for my phone bill payment. The first bill is due on 21st oct and the payment is uncessful. There is always sufficient funds in my bank account from then on and I checked my Fido account on Monday(22nd), the status of my payment was successful but the money didn’t take out. So I think maybe it takes a couple of days to take money out. Unfortunately, when I logged into my Fido account today, it turned out to be unceccessful. The bank information for pre-authorized debit payment I left was correct and Fido did not know the reason and suggested me to contact my bank. My bank told me this payment was deleted and doesn’t know the reason either. Obviously, I didn’t do that. So here are my questions
1. What should I do with this bill, will fido try to debit my bank account again?
2. Will there be a fine for late payment? If so, I really don’t think I should be responsible since I didn’t do anything wrong here.
3. What can I do to avoid those things happened in the futhure.
thanks a lot.
Welcome to the Community @jefflying!
I've moved your post here as this thread deals with the same topic
Keep in mind that automatic payments are taken 14 days after the bill cycle date. If the date you set up the pre-authorised chequing payments was after the date it would have been taken it'll only kick in next cycle so this bill would have to be manually paid.
I hope this helps and keep us posted!
The money will be withdrawn automatically each month.
Here are important points to remember:
- Bills generated with a balance of $5 or less will not be charged to your bank account unless they are first or final bills.
- Your first automatic payment will be taken 14 days after the next cycle close date. Future payments will be processed 14 days after each bill cycle close date.
Hope it helps!
i changed my method of payment for bank account on december 1st but my bill is due on december 22. when is the change effective? this current billing cycle or the next one? do i have to pay the bill for december 22 myself or will it be withdrawn automatically?