Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add Call Control

jmarci65
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi Fido Community 

Any news when Fido adding call control so phishing calls stop leaving messages and control these robo calls I have to keep on blocking at least 7x everyday 

14 REPLIES 14

Hana9169
I'm a participant level 2

Yes Fido, PLEASE give us Call Control! Your competition offers this. I am seriously thinking of moving if you cannot take this problem seriously. I get several robocalls a day, simply blocking each number does not stop them from using more random phone numbers.

Proxima

I agree they really should. 

Hey @Proxima and @Hana9169 Spam Call Detect, also known as Nuisance Call Filtering, is the latest advancement in our fight against frustrating spam and fraud callers! You can find more information about this here :https://www.fido.ca/support/account/spam-call-detect-faqs

Mjv

Not good enough!

Dandymite

I don't want to be "notified" of spam robo calls. I don't want them to come through at all. Please fix

elisha
I'm a participant level 1

Please add something like call control. I and my family get a lot of spam calls. We constantly block numbers but it doesn't help when they spoof real peoples numbers. As mentioned by others, this is a service offered by other telecommunication companies ..

Hey @elisha,

Take a look at our solution right here

Hope this helps!

kondaraghu

FIDO,

We are desperately waiting for this feature and this is much awaited feature. Can you please look into this?

Thanks

Hi there,

We definitely understand how annoying this can be. We're working hard with partners to reduce the amount of unwanted calls you receive.

When it comes to spam calls, we suggest being very vigilant and to not provide any personal information.

If you're using an Android device, you can block calls from certain numbers, by adding them to the device “Block Numbers” settings in Phone > Settings > Block Numbers.

If you have an iPhone, click on the Phone icon, click on "Recents" then on the "i" next to the phone number you want to block, then click on "Block this call" at the bottom.

You can read more about it here:
https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/telemarketing/identit.htm, along with what's currently being done in the industry to have this fixed

Mjv

Don't put your inability to control spam on your customers. Be better!

Andrew100

Interesting response but did not answer the question of when FIDO will offer call control to its clients as is offered by other telecom companies.

Hey @Andrew100 , we've replied above, and provide information about Spam Call Detect, also known as Nuisance Call Filtering, is the latest advancement in our fight against frustrating spam and fraud callers! You can find more information about this here:https://www.fido.ca/support/account/spam-call-detect-faqs

On top of that, Fido  has implemented Universal Call Blocking (UCB) that will block any incoming call that does not comply with North American or international numbering plans. UCB will not block incoming calls with compliant caller IDs.
You can report random spam/scam calls to the Canadian anti-fraud center, You can also find more info here:
https://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca.

We hope this helps. 

Mjv

It's clearly not working. Your customers are asking and you are not listening. 

seanjhseo

A lot of the times, information is not given or provided to them, but rather leaked from a reputable service (e.g., Microsoft, Dropbox, etc.). Being vigilant won't help when our information is hacked, leaked, and sold from sources that we trust. Today, I received 6 spam calls and none of the numbers that called me were the same. However, they all have the same recorded automated voice. Blocking these numbers do not work when every spam number that comes my way are never the same. 

Fido, do better. Add Call Control.