Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to transfer Fido phone number to another carrier

A1023
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello Fido community!

I had been with Fido since January 2009 and after almost 14 years with Fido as my first and only ever phone company, I am now with another carrier because of no live chat representative to prevent me switching phone companies after a complex situation. 

Long story short, I need to cancel being a customer of Fido after I returned a phone that involved me signing a two year contract with Fido after getting a phone at a Walmart in Toronto. However, I do not know what the procedure is to leave Fido for another carrier. So, first question: how do I stop usage of Fido service? The usage should have stopped in mid-November. So, another question is: how to pay partial fees for partial Fido service usage?

Second question: how do I transfer my phone number to my new carrier?

I will end this post by saying that I am actually very grateful for my history with Fido of almost 14 years. I felt taken care of as a loyal customer who always paid the bill on time and contacted Fido appropriately instead of excessively. However, not being able to chat with a Fido representative when I lost a phone and needed another phone, while at the same time returned a Walmart phone after signing a two year contract with Fido, made it impossible for me to continue being a Fido customer. I now have a new phone and a new carrier but I wish that I was still with Fido. 

Hoping for helpful answers to my questions!

Cheers.

A

1 REPLY 1

FidoAlex

Hey A1023, Alex here. 

Sorry to hear about this, we were very busy because of the black Friday weekend, but there's always a way to get in touch with someone. Not only are we available via the live chat, but also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and, of course, by calling us. 

We would love to have you back with us so feel free to get in touch with our customer, we can certainly figure something out! We'll also be able to answer all of your questions. 👍