cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO support from fido

akhil_24busy
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1
Hi my name is akhil.  I purchased a sim from fido store in september but the same day i was hospatilised and send to icu. Within one week i was taken back to india. I havent use the sim and bill has now come on my email id . What should i do , my relatives also went to the store but there was no help from there also.  Please help me.
3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Thanks for correcting that I did mean to say a post-paid line.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Akhil_24busy,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your medical issue.

@KAPABLE-K wrote
...In regard to your account if you activated a prepaid line then you will continue to be charged the monthly fee regardless if you use it or not....

To clarify what was previously mentioned, a post-paid line will continue to be charged monthly regardless of whether you use the services or not. On the other hand, pre-paid lines will only charge the monthly or yearly fee as long as there are available funds in your account. That said, since you note you received a bill, your services would be post-paid.

I understand your relatives have already gone to the store. Unfortunately, if the account is under your name, they would not be able to cancel your services (assuming that is what you wish to do) on your behalf. In order to be able to make changes on your account, they would need to be the primary account holder.

As already mentioned, you would need to contact customer service in order to cancel your services (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @akhil_24busy,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about your situation and I hope all is better now.

In regard to your account if you activated a prepaid line then you will continue to be charged the monthly fee regardless if you use it or not. 

While this community forum is moderated by Fido employees it is not customer service and you will need to reach out directly to customer service to take care of the account, see here for the different ways to contact customer service even from outside the country.

You should also note as this is a public forum you should not post your personal information.