cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last month my bill was cad 220

Vinit260
I'm a participant level 1

My August Bill was cad 220 , in my plan I've 1000 (long distance minutes) . 

Long distance minutes means outside Canada, but Fido long distance minutes just 4-5 specific countries. 

Why Fido don't change there plan name to long distance minutes to bla bla countries. 

I called to customer care, they didn't help me. 

I thought Fido store executive help me for sure. 

But they told me, you use your minutes, you have to be pay your bill. 

We can't do anything with your bill, even we can't give you discount. 

I really fed up with Fido services & that bill cad 220.

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Vinit260,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected long-distance charges. I cannot speak as to the name which has traditionally been used for that particular promotion. As already noted, that promotion includes more than 4-5 Countries. The included Countries are listed below (see also here).

It should be mentioned that Fido also offers a 1500 Minutes to Select Countries which includes fewer places (see Add-ons, under Calling).

In addition, to clarify, long-distance does not necessarily mean outside of Canada. While most of their current plans include Canada-wide minutes, some plans still may only include local or Provincial calling. That said, that promotion is often referred to as 1000 International Minutes.

Although most current plans include unlimited Canada-wide minutes, some plans might only include a specific allotment of minutes. If that is the case, it should also be noted that all calls using mobile services incur Airtime charges plus long-distance charges, if applicable. Those 1000 International minutes are only for the long-distance portion of calls. That is, airtime charges would still apply. If you have a plan with a limited number of airtime calling minutes, excess airtime usage would incur additional costs -- even though there may be available International minutes remaining. For example, if you had a plan with 500 Canada-wide minutes (airtime minutes), making 600 minutes of calls to Countries included in those 1000 International minutes would require an excess usage of 100 airtime minutes.

Unfortunately, if the calls you made are on the system, it is not possible to amend those charges. I also understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should be mentioned that a payment arrangement might not be available in all situations.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Vinit260,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you did not understand how the 1000 free long-distance minutes works, it's only for specific countries and it has been this way since its inception. These are the countries it applies to:

Australia,

Bangladesh

China (including Macau)

Germany

Hong Kong

India,

Italy 

Mexico

Taiwan 

United Kingdom

GillianXia

Its interesting that you specifically listed the coutries that are covered under 1000 international long distance minutes in this public forrum.

How come I have the 1000 international long distance minutes in my plan, I was still charged $61.50 for a call that I made to Australia last month? 

I contacted the customer agent on August 29th to double check for the countries covered for 1000 long distance mins, and I got the confirmation that Australia is covered. So I made the call to Australia,  I got charged. 

A few minutes ago, I contacted customer service through AskJack platform, a lady responded, first of all, she said my name wrong right after I responded her question with my name, secondly, she was of no help at all, just kept telling me that Australia is not covered. I asked her to forward my question to someone else who can actually check my account and confirm this? She then responded that she submitted my request, and I will be expecting an email confirmation with 24 hours. I asked for details of my requests, she said its public document, then I asked if its public document, how to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of the customer and their account info. Of course, she did not respond, and wished me a good day. 

At the end of the coversation, I chose to send me a copy of the chat history....so far not receving anything.....

It was very fortunate that I took screenshot of the confirmation from the chat with the agent on Aug 29th....I can prove that I got confirmation that Australia is covered, and charged me for the call is wrong. Howver, this already took some of my time to talk to the agent who provided no help, then I will need to go to the store and show the screenshot and get it waived? Imagine how much time that will take.......I really don't understand how come it's already confirmed, but still got charged later?

This was a very bad experience with customer service, because 1) its impolite to call people name wrong especially when name is spelled out and provided right before the chat; 2) agent was very unprofessional, ignored customer's question, and kept providing the same information; 3) agents provide inconsistent and conflicting information - one agent confirmed one thing, the other agent said otherwise; 4) agent is very impatient - who said wish you a good day after customer asked a question; 5) where is my chat history?!!!